Faculty members are encouraged to host or co-host EvoS seminar speakers. As a co-host, you fulfill two roles: first, you act as a guide to facilitate the guest speaker’s visit to BU; second, you are afforded an opportunity to increase interactions between the guest speaker and members of your department by helping to set the guest speaker’s itinerary outside of the talk. Lunchtime talks, lab meetings, and conversations about collaboration are all possibilities.
Typical co-hosting responsibilities include:
- Helping to advertise the seminar in your department.
- Arranging lunch or other on-campus events with the speaker.
- Attending the seminar and introducing the speaker.
- Attending and helping to moderate the post-seminar discussion.
- Convening a small group for dinner or socialization to conclude the day.